Thursday, February 28, 2008

My God is Amazing!

I have no cute stories to post today, just a little side note on how awesome my God is. For those of you not too up close and personal with me and my family, we took over our family business back in July. The past year has been a struggle with the company, as work has really dried up in our little corner of Michigan. Contractors we have worked with for some time have literally just rolled up the carpet and split town. Thankfully, over the past 30+ years my father-in-law has operated his business with a level of integrity that has given us some very loyal customers. They have been what has been keeping us afloat this past year. We have been praying on direction for our family and for our business. The slow economic times here in MI have us questioning whether we, too, should look into other opportunities. After months of praying, we had been feeling as confused as ever with no real answers as to what our future would entail. The one steady and constant force, however was prayer. We prayed continually for work to come in and for our needs to be met.

There would be days that we would have absolutely nothing lined up for work the next day. We would pray that the Lord would bring something, then the phone would ring and the next day would fill in. That has been the course of action since about November/December.

This past week was no different. We had nothing on the books for after Tuesday of this week. As I walked on the treadmill, I began to pray that God would fill our week and continue to meet our needs. I prayed that God would bring something in a large job that would keep us busy for a while so we would know what we were doing for a few months. I also prayed a prayer of thanksgiving for what He has done and continues to do for us. I prayed back scriptures relating to His promises for those that love Him. Within 15 minutes, my husband called me and told me of an appointment for a job to bid for Wed. am. A few minutes later he called with a job for Thursday morning. When I finished my walk on the treadmill, I answered a call for a job for Friday morning. When I was on my way home from picking up the kids from school, I got a call for another job that would carry us through Mon & Tue of the following week. Once I got home, I received an invitation to bid a large job a little north of here and Steve received a call yesterday to bid a new church going up about 45 min. away. There are no guarantees that we will get any of the work, but it solidifies in my mind how much God loves us. There is nothing in us that is worthy of the blessings he showers upon us...only Christ within us makes us acceptable to Him. I have to tell you, I was doing a little dance, sobbing and praising God. My kids totally thought that I had lost my mind.

What I found to be kind of comical was one of the general contractors for a job we are bidding has the last name of Pastor! Tell me God doesn't communicate to His people! Again, God has given us the opportunity to bid this work, but there is no guarantee we will get the job. Please join us in prayer that Steven would be given wisdom and discernment in preparing our bid. Also pray for the General contractors on these jobs, as they themselves are in the bidding process. Pray also that we would remain faithful despite the outcomes. Pray especially that my husband would stay encouraged. He tends to carry his stress around in his back.

It is so awesome to really see God at work. I begged God for his blessings this week. I don't want to be rich as far as anything material. I just want to appreciate the things I have been blessed with and given the opportunity to bless others. God has answered that prayer in so many ways this week.

I pray that I would be able to rejoice in the Lord always...no matter the circumstances.

4 comments:

12-arrows said...

I just love total "God Stories". I appreciate your honesty in sharing and its also very encouraging. I also love the fact that we can pray anywhere anytime.

sara said...

Hey sis,I am praying you and your family will continued to be blessed. I am forever blessed as you are my sister.
Love ya!

amanda said...

rejoicing with you...what an encouragement! We will pray for wisdom as your husband prepares bids, etc. God is good, all the time!

Theresa said...

I went to a retreat in November. The speaker calls these 'He speaks to me' moments. I had one today. I was sobbing. God is good, all the time. Theresa