Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's Time to Lock the Doors When...

So I totally opened up the door on this one and I totally cannot believe I am publishing this for the world to read. Julie, I hope that when you read this, you will appreciate the fact I did this just for you. I am blushing again as I type this and will probably be blushing at various times during the day when I think people might be logging on to read this.

My only request (and this is not a blog tag thing) is that you voluntarily post an embarrassing story about yourself. You can either do it in the comments or on your own blog...where ever you think best. You too, Cindy and Amanda. That is the price! I so need someone to commiserate with. This story is more about not having the body of an 18 year old anymore and my 3 year old taking notice of that fact, besides the fact that it is embarrassing.

We were getting ready for church one Sunday morning. Steven had gotten out of the shower and was in the process of getting dressed. He had his jeans on and was standing in the bedroom in front of the closet trying to decide what shirt to wear. Just so happens I was in the bedroom talking to him...fully dressed. Boogie came in and noticed Steven standing there without his shirt. She says to him, "Daddy, you have little boobies." Not sure how to really respond, he says, "yes I do." She sits there for a second contemplating her next move and says, "I have tiny boobies." As she says this, she lifts up her shirt and gives them the once over and a poke. Before Steve or I could answer she looks at me and says, "Mommy has big LONG LOOONG Boobies." I thought I was going to die right there on the floor. Big would have been okay. I could handle big. But Long LOOONG...2 longs! C'mon!

Does she not realize I sacrificed them for her greater good? What's a girl to do? I picked 'em up off the floor, tucked 'em in and headed for church...there you have it.

4 comments:

12-arrows said...

Oh my gosh did I just get the best laugh out of that story! Thanks so much for sharing. . . how hilarious. As for an embarrassing moment from my house, hummmm.....I will have to think on that for a while.

Destini said...

I'm glad I could make you laugh!

Julie said...

I LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing! Now I will have to come up with an embarrassing story about me...there are LOTS to choose from...

BTW, I am still on "restriction", but am going to break the rules and try to post some stuff later today. Right now I am supposed to be doing laundry and cleaning house (because that was a goal I set for myself this morning when I got up). I'll try to be at my funniest when I post, PROMISE!!

amanda said...

Oh my heavens, too funny! I hate to break it to you, but I'm going to have to share this with my mom & sis while they are visiting! Way to be brave...

You told your story so well, that its hard for me to think of one... I can tell you one thing though, I'll be posting it here and not on my own blog! =) I'm sure Brad can easily remind me of a couple...