Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I've Got it Bad!

Yep, I have to admit I've got it bad...I'm sick of being cooped up in the house while it is only 4 degrees outside. I'm sick of strep throat, walking pneumonia and ear infections. I know that only a few posts ago I was taking pictures of the snow and saying how lovely it is. It is still pretty, but I'd much rather see it on the news as it falls on a mountaintop in Alaska. Today I have spring fever. I miss the sunshine on my face and the feel of green grass on my toes. These are the things I LOVE about spring....

Tulips....




Swinging...




Bouncing...




Riding...


I just have to ask...what was that stupid groundhog thinking when he ordained more winter?


2 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Destini,

I found you from the comments on the can of worms blog. Out of all the zillions of comments on there, I appreciated yours and decided to find you on a whim. (I never do this.) I love your blog. You have a knack for writing and storytelling. Plus, winter is getting old here in MN too, so I identified with you immediately.

Thanks for the links to Nathan and Pioneer Woman. (That's all I checked.) They are both amazing in their own right.

I see you haven't been at this long. I hope you will love it and keep it up. I haven't gotten as many comments as I would have hoped (especially from faraway family), but they are coming more often now, and the therapy is fun for me even without them.

Have fun, and hang in there--they're predicting a warming trend!

God's blessings to you!

12-arrows said...

ahhhh. . . .your photos gave me such hope and a little bit of a glimpse into spring. Your kids have gotten so big and so cute! At least we have sunshine, though it is mighty cold, the sunshine warms me to the deepest parts of my soul!