Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday!

This is a little bit late in coming. I had intended on posting on Big Brother's birthday, but Steve and I actually had the opportunity to sneak away for a couple of days. We used the gift certificate that my in-laws bought us for Christmas. We ended up going to Cadillac Monday through Wednesday. I will post more on that later. Today I wanted to focus on my first-born and honor him on his birthday, even though it is a little late. Please forgive the first few pictures. Iwas having a hard time with the scanning and formatting. They are a little on the small side, too.

This is our son on his Birthday. I can still remember the very first time I looked at him and how he caputred my heart instantly. I was afraid to hold him because I had a c-section. the doctors had my spinal too high and I couldn't feel my hands. I didn't know if I had a grip on him or not! I remember the look on Steven's face when he held him for the first time. He was and still is a very proud daddy.
Here he is when he was just a little tyke! He was a very good baby...especially after he hit the 3 month mark. He had a little problem with colic. He was the type of baby you could take anywhere...
He loved to wear this hat. He actually didn't mind sunglasses either...

He was and continues to be a smiley guy. He is a people person. You don't see him down very often.







We had the opportunity to fly to Colorado a few years back. As you can see, he still likes the sunglasses!

This is the serious, more determined side of Big Brother...

...And his wild and crazy side...

This year he opted for a birthday pie...Happy Birthday to you Big Brother!
We are so proud of him and the young man he has become. When he was 5 he accepted the Lord as his Saviour. I can remember that birthday just as clearly as I rember the day of his physical birth. He has a passion for the Lord and His word. In May of 2007 we were able to watch him make his public profession of faith in the ritual of Baptism. It is our prayer that he would be blessed in 2008 and that he would continue to grow in the Lord. I am so blessed to be his mother.

1 comment:

12-arrows said...

What an awesome son you have. We are blessed to be moms of such beautiful kids. My how those years fly. Enjoy each moment, I am learning that too....