Thursday, February 14, 2008

As Per Your Request...

Okay Julie, as per your request, I am listing 7 things that are supposed to be interesting about me...

1. I once rode a pig backwards & probably would have had an 8 sec. qualifying run if someone had been timing it.

2. I can't downhill ski to save my soul...shoot...I can't even make it up a tow rope. Okay, so I did finally make it up a tow rope after about 1 hour of trying, but never graduated from the bunny hill.

3. I've been accused of being very clumsy...refer to #2

4. In the second grade, I ran into the corner of our brick school building while eating a Milky Way bar. When the aide was helping to clean me up and having me spit out the candy bar, the kids thought I was spitting out my teeth. I got to spend the rest of the day with my head down on my desk nursing my fat lip with an ice pack. That night we went out to eat at Pizza Hut. My lips were so fat I couldn't eat...I could only suck water through a straw. But man...was that candy bar good. (see #3)

5. My name is Destini. It was supposed to be Tammy Lee. When it came down to crunch time, my dad threw out the name "Destini" after hearing the song "Bang Bang Shoot em up Destini" and thought it would be a cool name for a girl. I've never heard the song and have no clue who wrote it. Since I am a product of the 70's make love not war era, it was probably some drug song. My mom agreed to the name as long as I had my grandmother's middle name, LaVonne, which I do. Funny thing is, when I met Steven, he had broken up with the girl whom he thought was the love of his life. Guess what her name was?

6. I pick my toenails. I'm sorry, but I always have....it is a compulsion, I guess...It is also an inherited "Jones" trait. My dad does it too. So do my aunts. Shoot...I've even seen my grandpa do it.

7. I have a HUGE big toe. It is very ugly. Even my mom's OBGYN commented on it in the hospital. He thought I was a beautiful baby, but "Wow, look at that big toe." I won't tell you what other dirty-minded people have said it resembles. I have waaaay too much dignity for that!

I hope that now you all know my dirty little secrets you won't love me any less...
I have totally no clue who to tag on here...

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hooray! Thanks for playing - and I'm VERY proud of you for stepping out on a limb and asking a total stranger to list 7 things too! Good job!

P.S. I loved your list, it was great (although the toe-picking was a little gross...but at least you don't bite your toenails (do you?) LOL

Destini said...

I can't bend like that anymore...No, I didn't bite them!

Nanny and Tessy said...

Hi Destini~

Nice list! I have just a couple comments:

1) I love your name Destini. Your blog just wouldn't be the same if it was titled "A glimse of Tammy Lee" would it?!!!!

2) Numbers 6 & 7...T.M.I. (too much information) LOL - You are soooooo brave!!!!

Mary~

Destini said...

Just keepin' it real folks...