Friday, January 25, 2008

The Sweeter Side of Life

I was just going back through some old pictures on my computer and came across a few showing some of the sweeter more savory moments. I guess I'm feeling a little sappy right now. My first baby is going to be 10 in just a matter of a couple of days.

I can remember growing up and counting down the years to be able to drive, to graduate, and (forgive me God, but this was BC) to legally drink. It seemed like forever before I was old enough to hit those milestones. I remember my mom throwing a surprise 35 th birthday party for my dad and thinking...wow, he's really getting old. Now I'm sitting here, 35 and wondering where the years have gone. It seems that since I've had children someone has hit the fast forward button on the vcr of my life!

This has caused me to be ever thankful for the time we have. To savor every moment with our children...both the good and the bad, and to make sure that you are creating memories.

I love to watch daddies and their little girls...

...and little girls as they blossom into young ladies...

...or your sweet innocent baby boy as he sleeps (please look past the nasty pillow)...

...a proud big brother as he holds his new baby sister...

...lovin' up Grandpa...

...or sweet bedtime stories shared by sisters...
Life doesn't get any better than this.

3 comments:

12-arrows said...

going through pictures can sure bring up many different emotions, from laughter, saddness, joy, tears, etc. but it also brings up just how blessed we are too! You are right the years just seem to fly by and I know I am trying very hard to savor each moment with my kids; some leaving the nest, some already have left, some are just in the beginning stages; its an emotional rollercoaster, its part of life for sure, but its still hard to deal with when it hits. Thanks for sharing photos of your kids, they are adorable! and Dakota a few days away from 10! WOW. Jacqueline just turned 10 last week!

Julie said...

AWWWWW!! How cute! Time flies when you're having fun, huh? Wait til you have a teenager like me....

Robin said...

You are so right about having children and then someone hits the fast forward button.

We can't pretend the years aren't passing because our precious children show us they are flying by as they grow and develop each day.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for praying for Daniel. He is out of surgery now - check my blog for updates.

www.actionsspeakloudest.blogspot.com