Monday, April 20, 2009

Signs of Spring

So I finally got the opportunity to get out the other day and mess with the new lens I got for Christmas. It has been such a long winter, I really have not taken many pictures. I got a little bit bored with pictures of snow! Don't get me wrong, they were pretty for the first month or two, but as winter dragged on and on, my inspiration waned. The warm weather we had the other day inspired me. Here are some signs of spring in my yard...

In a few weeks, this bud will give way to beautiful fragrant blossoms on my Crab-Apple Tree...These buds are the beginning of leaves. I've missed the leaves!These will be gorgeous peonies in a matter of a few weeks...I had to include the sky...a brilliant blue sky. Not one grey cloud. Not overcast. Not snowing. I like to call this one...Defiant.Determined...
Down right Adorable. Even when she is pouting.

You honestly didn't think I could stick to just the pictures of my yard and not put one single one of the kids in there did you?

2 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Oh, we are in exactly the same place. Buds on the trees, but not enough that when you drive down the road there is the all-present light green. By the weekend, it will be here. I LOVE the transformation!!

I'm coveting your new lens. ;-)

amanda said...

great pictures, Spring is truly a sight to behold. It is so fun to watch each part of the process come to life right in our own yards. thanks for sharing your pics, love the pouting one too. =)