Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Catching up

Our days have been full here lately, for which I am very thankful, but a little angry with myself for not carrying my camera around! During Spring (more like winter) Break I ended up with a cold. My first of the season. It made me remember why I hate being sick! There were a couple of days where my arms felt just to heavy to carry around. Thankfully that didn't last too terribly long.

Saturday we had our Easter Eggstravaganza at the church. My sister and her family were able to join us. Lots of junk food, lots of eggs, lots of people! Steve's parents came over Saturday night and stayed the night so they could attend our Sunday church service with us. After church we enjoyed our Easter dinner.

A new season of Upward Soccer is underway at our church. All 3 are playing this year, which should be fun. I helped Boogie's team out at practice Monday evening. It was sooo cold and windy that night. I swear that the wind was blowing Boogie off course as she was trying to run!

Tonight we have Awana, which is winding down here in the next few weeks. I heard some talk of Dakota having another practice Friday night for soccer, then all 3 have games on Saturday. I think Steve's parents may possibly be here again this weekend for Grandparent's Day at the school and to watch soccer on Saturday.

I am forever amazed at how quickly time seems to pass around here. I blinked and the month of April has nearly passed. My kids only have about 6 more Mondays until summer vacation.

In other news, I signed Boogie up for K-4 next year. She had her K-4 round up about 2 weeks ago. I am ashamed to admit that I got teary eyed and almost burst into a full bout of crying as I sat there in that K-4 room watching the things my baby will be doing next year. I have been in full-out denial of the fact she is old enough to start attending pre-school. Steve thought that I had lost my mind. Not my mind, just the last four years. I cannot figure out where they have gone!

As always, I stand amazed at the Lord and his provision in our lives. While so many are struggling with unemployment, He is still providing for our needs. Just last night I got a phone call from a potential customer. I sent an estimate to him back in July of last year for a little bit of work he needed done. He called last night to update the quote. It is amazing the people that the Lord sends along at just the right time. If I ever start to whine or sound ungrateful, please smack me and remind me of all the blessings the Lord has provided for us. Seriously! I find even when I am in the midst of being blessed, I have the audacity to complain.

I think we are all up to date for the moment. It is with a thankful heart that I wish you all a great day!

2 comments:

amanda said...

I find even when I am in the midst of being blessed, I have the audacity to complain.

That, my sister, is what we call 'hitting the nail on the head.' And yet, He is ever faithful. What a wonderful Father we have. Glad you are feeling better, and that your Easter was fabulous!

Tracy P. said...

This is all good stuff. Sounds like us, AWANA, sports starting up, and we've got a kids' choir musical in the works too. Blessed busyness!