Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me Monday

Yep, it is Monday again already. I have to admit, for the most part, that I did behave myself this week.

On Tuesday I had to go down to Consumer's Energy on behalf of a customer and do a little bit of complaining. Because it is right down from the road from where the big kids go to school, I went right after dropping them off. Because I am so together in the morning, I did not pull Boogie straight from bed and stick her right in the car without her going potty. 15 minutes into our ordeal at Consumer's Energy (while we were standing there waiting in the metering department) she did not start doing the little dance telling me she had to go potty. I did not advise her to start thinking about something else. She did not start going cross-eyed from having to go so bad. I truly did not scope the place out well, we were in the metering department, which translates into huge warehouse for Consumer's Energy Equipment. Knowing that the real bathrooms were quite a ways away, I did not scoot her out to the parking lot to pee. I most certainly did not hold her next to the van to pee in the parking lot that faces Court St. She did not get any down the back of her pants. I did not have to take her pants off and make her ride home with no pants on with my sweatshirt covering her. What kind of parent would do that?

We buy chickens from the Amish folk that live near my father in law. Just so happens that last Tuesday these chickens were ready for me to pick up. With my faithful side kick Boogie and a huge cooler for the Chickens we headed off to Gladwin. We were met at the door by an older Amish Lady. No one told me that this lady had a pretty full beard and mustache. If they had, I would certainly have prepared my little one for the sight. I did not have to shoot multiple arrow prayers for the Lord to keep my Boogie silent. Thankfully he heard those prayers. Thankfully I did not have to cram a granola bar in her mouth. Thankfully, she waited until we were in the car to ask why this lady had a mustache and beard.

Make sure to check out McMama's Blog to read about her "not me" moments!

6 comments:

-stephanie- said...

too funny!

Pam said...

OH! We DIDN't have an incident like this with the potty TONIGHT either... and K DIDN'T PEE in my parents van in her car seat, becuase i told her she could wait! No that didn't happen to us either...

I DIDN'T decide to read NOT ME MONDAY posts instead of deal with my messy house... nope that would be irresponsible... NOT ME!!

amanda said...

oh that was some funny story telling...

i did not recently allow walker to pee in a parking lot either. and he didn't suggest that he do it again the next time we went to the thrift store...

thanks for sharing =) you are too funny!

12-arrows said...

oh my goodness, a bearded lady, I thought they were in the freak shows at the fair! How hilarious and how sweet our heavenly father is to have closed the mouth of your babe!

Julie said...

My sides hurt from laughing so hard!

The bearded lady part was the best!

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I just wanted to let you know that I did NOT let Puckey and the Jib eat chocolate cake for breakfast this morning, and I certainly would have NEVER sang, "Mom is GREAT, she gives us the chocolate cake!" while I WASN'T dishing it up.

12-arrows said...

oh and by the way. . . . thank you! "mine eyes can seeth"