Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Not Me Monday on Wednesday

It has been a really bad week for me so far. It has been very stressful, which I have not been dealing with really well, so my Not Me Monday Post is actually happening today, Wednesday.

I've often felt that my dog and my daughter are twins. They act a lot alike most of the time. It seems that every time I turn around I trip over one or the other. When it came time to let the Mighty Zeus out to go potty that the following conversation ensued:

"Zeusie...do you want to go outside?" Of course he did not answer me with words, he just danced in a circle at the door. (Let's just call that a yes). "Okay then, you'd better get your shoes on."

I did NOT tell my dog to put his shoes on to go outside. To do that would be to admit I've finally lost it.

Once you recover from that confession, please say a few prayers for me. I really need for the Lord to help me manage the stress I'm feeling right now and to provide relief from all this strain I'm feeling!
Have a great day!

I don't know how I could forget this, as she has inspired me to confess my sins weekly to the blog public, but McMama had her baby this am and everything looks great! So far the NICU is hard pressed to find ANYTHING wrong with him! Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Sending up some prayers for you today, dear sister in Christ!!

I totally did not laugh so hard I nearly fell out of my chair when I read your "not me" moment. Nope.

Tracy P. said...

Ditto Julie, on both counts! Breathe deeply.

amanda said...

That was TOO funny. TOO funny!!!!
And it makes me feel better about my {mild} bouts of insanity =)

I will pray for you, Destini. Praying peace through the stress and wisdom through the uncertainty.

Thank you for your prayers for our family as well.