Friday, August 1, 2008

The Taming of Big Bertha

This past weekend we went up north to spend some time at the lake with Steven's family. The 2 big kids decided they wanted to try tubing...but only if Grandpa tried it first to show them the ropes. Never being one to turn down a challenge, Grandpa obliged. Unfortunately, the old tube was no match for Grandpa or our little boat. The cleat ripped off on the first try, which left us scrambling to find a new tube on Saturday morning...Enter BIG BERTHA...
The ride home with Big Bertha was a trip in and of itself. I figured at any moment the little VW convertible was going to go airborne with this big thing attached to the roof, but alas, we did make it back safe and sound with all 4 wheels on the ground. In just a matter of minutes, Big Bertha was hooked on the boat and loaded with its first round of passengers... The first round of the taming went well...
Sis didn't want to get out of the tube.

Bertha...yes...camera...No.
The victims...er...passengers lined up for their shot
at taming the beast. Grandma hopped in with Sis.
It is hard to tell who is in charge here...


A quick passenger switch and Bertha is off for another run..
In the end, Bertha was not that intimidating. She just looks big.

6 comments:

amanda said...

what a fun time! great pics too...

12-arrows said...

your family looks like they really enjoyed themselves! and what beautiful weather we are experiencing too for laketime fun!

Julie said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!! Where's the pictures of YOU on Bertha??? LOL

I rarely ever let myself be photographed, so I can't really say anything, can I??

12-arrows said...

I hear you on the photographing, Julie! I would much rather be the one taking and the one being taking of. . . . .

Tracy P. said...

I love that grandma and grandpa were in on the action! How lucky are you!

Destini said...

You will see (in a future post) where I was during the taming...I inadvertently photographed myself while taking a picture of Steve.
Besides...they needed a spotter :)