Monday, August 11, 2008

My Little Super Model

So a few years back I pretty much swore off taking my children to the budget portrait studios for their baby pictures. It seemed like I was always waiting, babies were cranky, the backgrounds were boring and the photographers were cranky. I was usually unhappy with the end result because I didn't feel that the photographer adequately captured the personality of my children. They would settle for fake smiles because they didn't know my child enough to know what was real or fake. They would pose them in positions totally unnatural for my children. When the older two children were 3 and 5, a friend took me to For-Mar in the fall in took some of the best pictures I had ever seen. It was pretty much at that moment, I decided I would forego the studios and try things a little differently.

A couple of years ago my husband bought me a very nice camera. Since then, I've done Boogie's pictures. We are a little late getting these done, as her 3 year old birthday was in December, but the landscape this time of year is so much nicer! So without further adieu, here are Boogie's 3 year pictures....




















It was so fun taking her pictures. She pretty much posed her self and I sat back watching her play. Let me know what your favorites are...I am having a hard time deciding for myself which are my favorites.

9 comments:

MixMax said...

what a cute little model :)
Very nice pictures

sara said...

Hey sis, awesome pictures!!! They are all very cute,
Fav's are the one where she is in the chair with her feet up and with a flower, and the one where she is holding the post. Very cool

David and Casey said...

Oh my gosh! How could you pick your favorites? Destini, she is beautfiul and you took awesome pics!!!

Julie said...

What a sweetie! Great pictures!

12-arrows said...

cute cute cute! she is a doll and quite the little poser!

Donna Boucher said...

Hi Destini!

I think you have a sweet model and very nice composition.

You are having a pretty common problem...I would say you are underexposing your pictures.
Are you shooting on Auto?
You camera reads dark.
My camera reads dark too.

I shoot on manual and I change my shutter speed to slower so my shutter stays open longer and more light enters the camera.

For instance, My camera's meter will tell me. 360 is fine...but I scoot it down to 200. My pictures have improved a lot since I learned this about my camera.

I wrote about it on Ree's site.
Many people have this trouble.

amanda said...

those are so adorable! I love the one where she is holding the flower...so SWEET!

12-arrows said...

I love the one of her in the chair holding the flower, CUTE CUTE CUTE! I am sure you feel completely blessed.

Tracy P. said...

Fabulous! #2 and #10 are my favorites, but tough pick! Love her eyes on #10.

Your new background is SOOO cute! A little hard to read the text in your main post--the lighter color of the sidebar is easier. (Took me the longest time to settle in on my colors!)