Friday, August 15, 2008

My Little Gift From God

I have received the most awesome little gift from God. To give you a little background...I LOVE flowers. I love their colors, fragrance and brilliance. I love the way they can perk up your mood. Usually my girls and I plant flowers in the pots on our porches. This year we didn't. I kind of went on strike. I didn't plant flowers, I didn't plant a garden. The critters around here constantly try to plant their walnuts in my flower pots and dig up my flowers, the deer eat my corn and the woodchucks eat my lettuce. It all gets very frustrating! Secretly, I have been a little upset with myself for getting so discouraged about feeding the neighborhood wildlife. God sensed my frustration and sent me this... A lone single sunflower that grew up in my flower pot on my front porch.
I've been watching it grow from a small sprout for many weeks...

...Into a beautiful flower
I am forever reminded through things like this that God sees and hears everything. Not only does he know the number of hairs on our heads, our thoughts and desires, but he pays attention to those little details and responds in ways we can't imagine. Sometimes he sends a person or a song. Sometimes he simply sends a lone sunflower.




2 comments:

amanda said...

that is amazing! How awesome is our Father that he can perfectly pick the 'right' gifts for each of us! And how wonderful for you to notice and give Him the praise & also to share it with all of us! (maybe you should dry it at the end of its growing season as a memorial)

Tracy P. said...

That's beautiful! I love it when he makes himself hard to miss!

Thanks for stopping by and "hanging out" with me. You're still playing with your layout, I see. This one is very cute too, and easier to read. Glad you're having fun!