Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Man God Chose...

It is interesting sometimes to sit back and reflect on the days passed and to see how God has worked the pieces of the puzzle we call life.

I would have never guessed 18 years ago that the man I met that summer would be the man that I would eventually marry and that he would be the person who would take me to church and share his God with me.

I never dreamed that I would eventually be able to place my trust in God to meet my needs or direct me in a path of righteousness when all the other people I trusted in my life had let me down and failed me.

I certainly never thought I'd experience an unconditional love from my heavenly father or the love that I have felt from my husband, when most of the boys in my life before them wanted more than I could ever give.

If someone would have told me that my husband would be my best friend, I would have never believed it. I had seen my parents struggle and there was no friendship there in the end.

I never thought that God would chose a man for me that would love me, cherish me and honor me the way my husband has. I am thankful for the 14 years of marriage that I am celebrating today. I am thankful for the husband God has given me and they way he continues to bless me. I am thankful that God makes the difficult choices in our lives, and though we experience pain, God takes those pains and turns them into something great. I am thankful that our past failures shape who we are and mold us into the person God wants us to be and that those failures don't define who we are. I am thankful that God did not give up on family, marriage and mankind in the garden, that his love for us is immeasurable. Today, I am very thankful. Thank you Lord for 14 years of marriage to my best friend.

***Pictures to be added later...as per the usual, I'm having troubles uploading.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary!! Your post made me cry (happy tears, because I loved what you wrote about your marriage).

I'm confident that God will continue to bless your marriage, as you continue to be a blessing to your husband.

amanda said...

what a beautiful dedication! I, like, Julie had little tears in my eyes too...

may God continue to bless your marriage!

Tracy P. said...

Congratulations! Here's to many, many more of those years!

sara said...

Hey doo da,
Happy anniversary sister.
Love ya sis