Saturday, December 13, 2008

What I've been up to...

Just thought I'd give you all a glimpse of what I've been up to since the family left.
  • I went to Joann's and bought fabric on Friday evening for a couple of projects
  • Went home and butchered the fabric...have to buy some more on Saturday
  • I went to the bathroom (many times) with no one barging in
  • I took a shower and a bath. Again, no one barged in or had to poo (that ALWAYS happens when I decide to take a bath). I sang loudly in the shower and no one was around to complain about how bad it sounded
  • I slept in until 8:45 am
  • I walked up to get the mail this morning and managed to lock myself out of the house for about an hour.
  • I successfully broke into my house (that is scary)
  • I finished almost all of my Christmas Shopping today!!
  • I made it through a bunch of stores without having to drop everything and run to the bathroom, tell the little on a million and one times that I am NOT buying her everything she sees, yelling at the older 2 to stop arguing, shushing anyone and hearing about tired feet and being bored.
  • I replaced the fabric I butchered
  • I splurged on a hot mocha from Starbucks
  • Thanked the Lord 10 times over for watching out for me today. Prayed for my family to be safe while we are apart. Thanked God for his greatness today.

I really thought that I would have a difficult time with the family being gone. Turns out, it hasn't been that bad!

3 comments:

12-arrows said...

WOW you sure had an eventful 24 hours! especially the part about locking yourself out of the house! Been there done that! Isn't it amazing how much you can get accomplished when you don't have to stop midway through? I am sure, however, that you were more than anxious to welcome your family back home. Blessings to you this Season.

Julie said...

Well, other than locking yourself out of the house and butchering the fabric, sounds like you had a pretty nice time.
Like Cindy said, it's crazy the amount of stuff you can get done when you don't get interrupted 6000 times.

amanda said...

i love that you put that part in about butchering the fabric. i hear ya...

glad you were able to have a good & productive time apart =)