Friday, December 12, 2008

Home Alone

I don't believe this has happened in about 10 years, but tonite and all day tomorrow I will be home all alone. Just me and my dog Zeus. Steven is taking the kids up north to Grandma's to bake Christmas cookies while him and his friend go snowmobiling. I've kind of been stressing about it a little, as this is such a rarity. The quiet of the house with no children is sometimes deafening for me. Hopefully I can get finished up with some of the Christmas stuff that is going on! I just might have to take a bubble bath, too.

4 comments:

12-arrows said...

hoorah for you! and enjoy because it might be a while before it happens again!!! lol

Julie said...

I second what Cindy said...sometimes, no matter how much we love our children, it can be a blessing to have some time all to ourselves!!

Enjoy it, and be thankful that you have a loving husband who does his part in the parenting of your children! Not all women are so lucky.

amanda said...

go for the bubble bath, maybe a candle, and some sleepytime tea!

Try to enjoy the quiet, it is hard to do sometimes =) Thankfully you've got the dog to keep you company!

Tracy P. said...

Bethany is right beside me. She says to tell you I know how you feel because when she and Ben are at school and Lee is at work, it is a little lonely around here too. She says you should definitely go for the bubble bath.

I say, there are are many ways to enjoy alone time--projects, sleep, a book, and then the return of my family, all the sweeter for their absence!