Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm missing summer already

I know that temps are supposed to be around 70 this week...which truly is perfect for me. Not too hot, not too cold. But I've seen some trees changing and have had to wear sweatshirts in the morning! I'm really not ready to let go of summer.
Not ready to give up some of the sights...
...or days of relaxing by the water
Or time spent conquering Bertha
Or running around in bathing suits and bare feet, listening to the giggles of the kids as they dump each other out of the center of Bertha...
...Or the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks...

...and building castles in the sand...
...or the debate of what to do next. Swim, swim, or SWIM?

3 comments:

12-arrows said...

Oh wasn't the summer just glorious? We had great weather and alot of sunny days. Love your pictures, you definitely have made some moments, in your kids lives, to savor for a lifetime!

amanda said...

great pictures!

i miss the laid-back days of summer too... its still hot here, but school changes all of our lazy-ways. and no fall color to show for it!

Tracy P. said...

Those are great pics! Yep, I love summer too. However, I have to say that my kids are enjoying one another a lot more in smaller doses than they were at the end of the summer. ;-) A season for everything!