Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Still Praisin'!

This morning I was having one of those little break downs that I have every now and again. Work is still slow, but God is still providing day by day. We've spent countless hours submitting bids, but so far nothing has really come of it. Our prices are in line, but there is just so much competition for work. I submitted a bid on a project the other day to 15 different general contractors.

I just had a little conversation with God telling him that I was getting tired. Are we doing what we are supposed to be doing? Are we supposed to continue on with this business or look at something different? Walking in faith sometimes gets so tiresome. Of course Satan is there poking you in the ribs telling you that things are worse than what they are. I try so hard to stay strong and be an encourager to my husband. He carries the stress, too.

Anyway, in the midst of my little breakdown, I went outside to get the mail...which, consequently can add to the stress or sometimes take it away. Today it was an okay mail day. No bills! No money either...still praying that God would continue to ease the burdens we are carrying. While I was outside, a Focus on the Family representative called and left a very sweet message. She just called to care for us...if we needed anything, she was there to pray or minister in any way we needed. I broke down in tears right then. God cares so intimately about the little things in our lives and truly does hear every word we say to him. His timing is always perfect. He sent me a stranger in Colorado to tell me I am cared for.

A few minutes later, the phone rang. It was my father-in-law telling me that a customer we have not dealt with in about 1 1/2 years was looking for an electrician. It dawned on me that the people that have called lately for work are all believers in varying circumstances. Some called on for work at their homes, others for their businesses...but they are all believers. God has used them to minister to me. These people have no idea how God has used them. It is just overwhelming to me to have a God that cares so much.

With so much uncertainty, God is certain. Have a blessed day today.

4 comments:

Julie said...

It's so awesome to see God's provision for us, even when we have our doubts.

I was just saying at church the other day that Matthew 6:25-34 has been a great comfort to me over the course of the last few years. Not only that, but it's proven true, God has NEVER let our children go hungry, let our financial needs go unmet, or let anything happen that he didn't provide an answer to.

Still praying for you sister!! We need to get together more often - I really enjoyed seeing you the other day (and Puckey can hardly wait to get to see Boogie again)

amanda said...

aren't we so blessed to have a Father that kindly sends us reality checks? Praising with you!

12-arrows said...

I am not sure if it was the day, a full moon or what but my meltdown day was also yesterday. I, too, am struggling with my faith and trusting. Sometimes it hard to understand why God takes us through things, why He choses to wait so long, etc. Thankfully, I am blessed with great friends who continue to pray and bring me before the throne!

I will pray for you and your family and that God opens doors for work and payment!

Blessings. . . . Cindy

sara said...

You will get through the tough times. Take it from your little sister. Keep the love for your family and faith strong and you will get through. Love you!