Monday, March 24, 2008

Husbands Love Your Wives...

When you read the passage in Ephesians that states, "25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her..." what comes to mind? What does it mean? Have you ever seen anyone demonstrate that kind of love for his spouse?

There is no doubt in my mind that my husband loves me dearly, this is not meant to be an attack on him or anything to imply that he does not measure up to God's standards, so please don't read this and think that I want my husband to be any different than who he is.

There is a couple in our church that are facing a lot of trials right now. Laura and her husband have been married for about 8 years, have 2 small children and are facing the end of Laura's life. She has been battling cancer for about a year now.

Her husband has demonstrated an unfailing love and devotion to her, which, to me, is what the verse in Ephesians talks about. You can read their story that was in the Oakland Press by clicking on the link below. It is a tear-jerker, but very worth the read.

When you are finished, please pray for this family. I have had the privilege of caring for their 2 year old son in the nursery for the past year and love the little guy dearly. Pray that God would continue to be their comfort and strength during this trial.

http://theoaklandpress.com/stories/032008/loc_20080320355.shtml

5 comments:

12-arrows said...

Circumstances sure have a way of putting life into perspective. My problems seem minute compared to this young couple and I need to be thankful for what I have. Thanks for sharing such a touching story and I will, indeed, be praying for them. Keep us posted.

amanda said...

WOW! I will pray for them, and for you as you love on their little guy in the nursery...praying for many, many gestures of God's love through His people that surround this couple (and their family)

Julie said...

I haven't yet read the article, but have already lifted the family in prayer - I can't imagine facing the trials that some others face...my life is so SIMPLE and EASY compared to many.

It was great getting to see you on Easter - I was serious when I said we need to get together over spring break!!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

What a heartbreaking story. I will keep them in my prayers.


I followed your blog to your sisters and read her stories about her son. How very inspiring! Thank you for pointing me in their direction.

Your family is just lovely!

sara said...

I am praying with you sister. We have so many things to be thankful for.