Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New New Testament?

Let me just start off by saying that I believe that the Bible is perfect and complete just the way it is. I would never propose that God had something wrong or that it plain isn't relevant anymore...that couldn't be further from the truth. I am continually amazed at the timelessness of the Bible and how it can and does speak to every situation that we face.

The other day I was thinking about the way our society operates. We are consumed with "New and Improved." Remember a few years ago they tried to improve upon Coke? We are now back to Classic Coke. This got me thinking about the Bible. What if God were to update the Bible and create a "New New Testament?" What kinds of stories would it include? Do you know of anyone famous or infamous that might be included? Think about some of the people you know. Are their stories of courage and faith something that we should take notice of?

I came across a blog the other day of a man who is living out his faith in a large way. He and his wife are providing a Godly example of how we should conduct ourselves in face of pain, sadness, trial and suffering. I have to say that my first reaction in reading this blog was not that of sadness and of pity, but a feeling of victory and strength. I was so encouraged by his words and the attitudes of both him and his wife. I find their story to be very empowering.

I am sure that he has his moments of weakness, but don't we all? It is awesome to see that through the midst of his sufferings, he can praise our God and encourage others. He is able to see the blessing and the greater picture of God's plan in the life of his family.

Because of all of this, I would have to say that Nathan would get my vote for inclusion in the New New Testament. There are so many things that we could learn from his example. If you have some spare time, click on Nathan's name to be taken to his blog. Also, lift this family up in prayer, pray that God would continue to be their strength and source of encouragement, their Great Physician and Healer, Comforter, Shield and Defender. We have seen God work a miracle in the birth of the Little White Rose.

Immediately I think of the verse that speaks about faith of a mustard seed being able to move a mountain. Imagine what faith like that of Nathan and Tricia's could do...they could knock the earth off its axis! Thank you Lord for this couple and the great work being accomplished through them!

Have a Blessed Day!

2 comments:

Julie said...

It's about time you started a blog!!!!! Now I can add you to my list of favorites!!!! YEAH

We ARE super similar, aren't we? (I noticed on Facebook we usually are a pretty close match on stuff too - WEIRD!)

Isn't it cool to read of all testimonies from people all over the place who are following Nate & Tricia's story? It's like a revival of sorts, and I am so excited to see where it might lead!!!

12-arrows said...

Hey there. . . .welcome to the world of blogging and by the way your kids are getting soooo big and are absolutely adorable.