Thursday, March 5, 2009

Through My Daughter's Eyes

Every since my youngins were....youngins, I have always loved handing them a camera on vacation to document the trip through their eyes. I think Sissy was about 3 the first time she was handed a disposable camera on vacation. I loved getting the pictures back. It is great to see the things through their perspective. Over the years, I do have to say there is a HUGE difference in the quality. I have many many belly and butt shots of myself and my husband over the years that I've had to overlook (burn). This year's trip was a little different. Sis got a digital camera for Christmas. Her overall picture taking abilities have improved greatly. Here are some pictures from the trip as seen through her eyes.

Meet Lou...he is the resident Hippo at the Wild Life Park in Homosassa Springs. This is one of about 50 pictures we now have of the old boy eating his hay.
The Star attraction of this park is the Manatees. There are 6 resident manatees that live here that are unable to return to the wild.
Some of the landscape in the park...
Grandma's chest...and a really cool lady posing by the manatee sculpture...
Grandpa's butt...
The street scene. We did see a lot of traffic and spent a lot of time in the car.

Palm Trees and a glimpse of the ocean!
All kidding aside, she did a great job documenting our trip. I love to see the things that she thought was cool and interesting. If you've never handed a child a camera, I strongly encourage you to try it sometime. You really gain a whole new perspective on the experience.

4 comments:

Tracy P. said...

What treasures, Destini!! It really is fun to see what they see. I sometimes wonder if the click is a reward in itself. Last year on our vacation I brought the "old" camera along, and let them take turns using it. I had to laugh because they mostly wanted all the family members to pose. Just like their mom!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi today. You're so sweet! :-)

Julie said...

The coolest thing about these days, with digital cameras being relatively inexpensive, just about anyone can use them, and you aren't stuck developing roll after roll of pictures of the ground half obscured by a finger....

Sissy DID do a nice job with those pictures!

Hope you had a fantastic trip and got some rest and relaxation while you were away.

12-arrows said...

what a great idea, Destiny. I think I am gonna do that when we head out to Colorado next month! She did a great job of taking pictures too! I love the "funny" shots!

thanks too for your kind words on my blog. They so touched my heart. Also today at MOPS the speaker spoke on that very topic! How cool is God???? He blesses us in the least likely places we think!

amanda said...

thanks for the reminder... it is a treasure to see life through their little eyes... my boys LOVE to photograph the big dog! I treasure the pics wilson took on 'deployment day.'

glad you had a good vacation. the pics of grandma and grandpa made me chuckle ;)