Friday, June 20, 2008

Who is this Guy?

Last weekend I was able to surprise this guy with a visit on Sunday. He lives a couple of hours away and was having a little cook out at the house I grew up in. He seemed a little sad that we couldn't be there. Because we didn't want this guy to be sad, we drove over for a surprise visit! Who is this guy you ask?

We share the same smile.

  • I inherited my blue eyes and freckly skin from him.
  • I like to think that a lot of what makes me who I am comes from him (Jesus, too).
  • My sister, brother and I used to wait on the side walk for him when he returned from a trip. We could hear his car from about a mile away (no joke) and would salute him from the side walk when he pulled in the driveway.
  • He is an avid fan of the Looney Toons...Foghorn Leghorn is his favorite
  • Loves to fish and hang with his dog Captain
  • Sings and plays guitar...He's VERY talented
  • Appreciates fine food. He was once quoted saying: "There's nothing like a cold biscuit on a hot day."

He is also the proud grandpa of 10 awesome grand babies...

Happy Father's Day Dad! (I know, this is a little late)






3 comments:

12-arrows said...

I love Father's Day Tributes! you really get to see the hearts of those who share! Also what a great looking bunch of cousins. I am sure they have a blast playing together! Aren't you glad you drove the couple of hours to make your dad's day? What a special daughter you are!

Julie said...

How cool is that?!? I didn't get to see my dad on Father's Day, but I did get a chance to spend some time with him this past weekend...Dads are good things to have around, huh?

sara said...

We are truly blessed to have such a good dad. I love the post. It was really neat that you got to come and enjoy the day!