Thursday, July 16, 2009

Boogieism

I've been undertaking the arduous task of cleaning kid bedrooms. We decided to switch rooms around and give the girls the bigger bedroom. Along with the cleaning came painting the joy of sorting through junk. One treasure found was the amazing Barbie pooping dog. Not sure it is the best toy to have around as most of the Chinese imports have proven to be lead disasters, but my children are drawn to the little bits of poo that look like little chocolate tic-tacs. I spied Boogie sitting at the table with the pooping puppy...

Me: "Oh, you found your pooping dog!"

Boogie: "Yeah....I just love my pooping dog."

Don't know why, but that struck me so funny. I think my least favorite thing about any dog is the pooping. There is no joy in cleaning dog poop for me. My four year old loves her toy pooping dog. Go figure.

4 comments:

Julie said...

HA!! Ande's brother & sister-in-law got one of those for Ashley one Christmas, and for Hannah they got the peeing cat.

Let's just say those toys didn't last too long around here. Especially after I found that the girls had gotten green "kitty litter" in their beige carpet.

Seems like that was the same year my mom thought it would be a good idea to get the girls some stamps and non-washable ink pads. Ink which promptly ended up on the carpet. Those ink pads and stamps went back to my mom's house.

Who was the reject who thought pooping and peeing toys were a good idea anyway?

Julie said...

I just thought about it some more, and you do need to make sure that no one accidentally swallows those "poops" - they're magnets. (I know your kids are old enough to know better, but I've witnessed my old enough to know better kids do some pretty dumb stuff...just sayin')

Holly said...

Hahah what a bizarre concept for a toy! But then again, if it's non-hazardous and entertains your kids, then I suppose it's worth it!

Tracy P. said...

This is so funny! It reminds me of the Christmas candy toys I've bought for my nephews--the pooping reindeer and polar bear that drop brown jelly beans. I hate not to give them anything but gift cards, so I've resorted to silly candy things to go with them.

I've been in your backyard, and loving it! We stayed in Muskegon and then down in Petersburg (near Monroe). All along I wondered just how close we were to you. If we hadn't been trying to juggle so many plans (and changing them on a daily basis it seemed) I would have tried to see if you could meet us somewhere. Anyway, it was beautiful. Similar in many ways to home, but lots of interesting things to see and do. Where do you go on Lake Michigan?