Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Updates on the Prayer Requests

Thanks again for your prayers, it was greatly appreciated! Now for the updates:

  • My nephew was able to come home from the hospital on Friday and at last word he has been recovering nicely at home.
  • The friend who had surgery had 4 bypasses done and the doctors were more than pleased with those results. But with good came bad. What was originally believed to be blood clots in the lungs is now believed to be cancer. Please continue to pray for him and his family.
  • WE GOT THE JOB! The church had their business meeting last night and voted on the lighting proposal. It was a unanimous decision. We got the job! What a praise.
  • I am all packed for Florida. It was my goal to have everything ready on Saturday. I got it all packed and waiting. Our airline now charges 15.00 ea. way for checked luggage. I was able to get us all packed into carry-ons. I actually got the girls in 1 carry-on. Space bags really work!

Thanks again for all of the prayers. I pray that your days are blessed and that the Lord reveals himself more to you.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Giving a big "WHOO-HOO!" over here in the Kirby casa!! So awesome to hear all of the good news.

Of course, I will continue to pray for your friend who may have cancer. Thanks for giving us the opportunity.

Have a great trip in Florida - and how awesome that you were able to pack everyone's stuff into carry-ons!!

Anonymous said...

space bags are the way to go! Its one info-mercial I have falled for. We don't yet have any but when we get some $$ I am gonna buy some! Enjoy your trip to Florida, you deserve a nice relaxing vacation and WOO HOO for the job! makes the trip to Florida even sweeter knowing you have a great job lined up when you get back!

Tracy P. said...

God is good! Thanks for the update!